Friday, March 13, 2009

A few minutes each morning...

This is my pledge for my blog...

My name is Nann and I live in East Oakland. I share my little house with my wife, Sho and our two sons ages 4 and 5. We also have a sweet tortie cat named Chaya Lev and our dogs LaLa and Mordecai. It is pretty crowded in our little house what with the toys, fabric, yarn, and constant stream of laundry!

Crafting, quilting, crochet, and sewing have been big in both of our lives. I learned to read sitting on the floor of my mom's sewing room so very long ago. I did not return to sewing and did not find my way to quilting until about 15 years ago after my mom's death. Amazingly, the project I began to help another friend learn to quilt turned into an amazing experience of meditation and remembering. I feel quilting helped me work through the grief of that difficult loss.

We are a Jewish home, not orthodox, but very faith-filled. Shabbat tonight, lighting candles, welcoming in a chance to pause from all the busy-ness of the week and remember our true selves. With Passover right around the corner it is time to get out those patterns for some fun Matzoh covers.

Have a great weekend everyone!

3 comments:

Candace said...

So nice to learn a little more about you and your family, Nann! Sounds like a very busy household....and I can't wait to see some of your quilting!
Cheers!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

look at you go, two days in a row, the button up ,blogs you enjoy, you have been very buzy!!! love it!!

Unknown said...

Hey Nann Dawn, I love you, I love what you've done and what you're doing, you are very *special* and wonderful. I also really love that you still have LaLa if that is who I think she is.

Congratulations to you, and YOU GO GIRL! Give Sho and the boys a big hug for me.
love
Susie Harper,