Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Springtime...that ringaling-a-ding time...

It is supposed to be 70 degrees today in our beautiful Bay Area! The trees (and their pollen) are ready to burst out into leaf and flower. The apple tree in the backyard is full of little white blossoms!

It is hard to be inside at all on days like today. The boys are enjoying playing in our favorite park with their bikes and scooters until the sun sets and we must go home.

Still, I find time to work on projects. I have completed my first couple swaps on swap-bot. And what fun to recieve packages in the mail. Below is a picture of the beautiful little dotee doll I got from my first swap partner. If you aren't familiar with these little dolls just google dotee doll. The woman who began to create these little handful dolls wanted to create something that others could make and spread happiness. I hear making them is a little addictive. I might be falling into this compulsion!!! What a great way to use scraps!! Thank-you Mary for my doll and the little extras.

With the weather so beautiful...I needed to include this photo of Sho's Tree of Life quilt she made for the season. This was a herky jerky quilt. Really fun method I have used to do a number of applique on black.

1 comment:

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh what a sweet little dollie!