Friday, April 17, 2009

My Blogger Quilt Festival Entry!


Titled: Pink Poodles in Paris
I loved picking the fabrics for this quilt. I was not sure where I was headed or what pattern I would use, but it was a real departure for me colorwise and so the block seemed to be a bit topsy turvy as well and away I went. As usual I purchased fabric without knowing what I was going to make and had to make this quilt a size that would fit with the fabric I had. I free-motion quilted using spirals in each of the blocks and some wiggles in the sashing. One of my favorites...it measures about 50X60 inches.
Visit the other quilters and their works at the 1st Annual Blogger Quilt Festival over at Park City Girl.

16 comments:

Barb said...

What a beautiful quilt! I love the pink and black, and the movement in the blocks. Thanks for sharing it.

Anonymous said...

I love this quilt....and poodles in Paris can't be beat! Great Work!!

Cathie said...

Very pretty colors even though limited to pinks and black. I love the pattern, too. Great job.

Zonnah said...

For not knowing what you were going to do, it turned out beautiful. :)

Lisa said...

This quilt is so pretty and the name is just perfect! Love it!

Sherry said...

I love this pattern. Your choice of colors is great. Good job!

Anonymous said...

I love you quilt. The colors are great.

7578 said...

Hello hello.. me ellysn from swap-bot. Thanks for commenting on my blog. I liked the passover meal... we had that too. Just superb! :-)

Unknown said...

Pink Poodles in Paris -- too cute! I love pink added to the b/w, really fun :) Thank you for sharing

Quilt Rat said...

Terrific quilt great title! Enjoy the festival

Coloradolady said...

I love the colors you used in this quilt. Very nice.

whoopdedoo_5 said...

wow. Love the color take on this one! This is a piece of art! :)

Janet Brady said...

Love the colors and the name is a riot. Thanks for sharing.

Janet Hartje said...

What a fun quilt! I love the name.

Cathy said...

What a very cool quilt! I love the color palette and the movement to it. It reminds me of little windmills. How wonderful!

Cathy ♥

Judy Alexander said...

Great colors and design!